Wednesday, April 25, 2007

[Apropos of nothing, but...] "Separated at Birth"

Developing Story:











I have this uncanny ability at my present job (copywriter, CNN Intl.) to see someone on our air and say, "Jeez, so-and-so could play them." Or, "doesn't he sound like..."
Case in point (or, First Case-in-Point): Lynndie England, whose fifteen minutes of fame came from those legendary poses at Abu Ghraib prison. When the Marine glamour shot kept cropping up on our air and everywhere else, I kept getting this irrepressible déjà vu, until it dawned on me: Chip Douglas from "My Three Sons." Their facial structure and expressions are eerily similar.









Skip ahead, in order of importance and topicality, to Alberto Gonzales, whose voice sounded oddly familiar. What was it about his voice, other than the fact that it's annoying high-pitch whine tried vainly to conceal a web of treasonous infamy. But whatever.
As I've gotten older, I can stilll make these kind of limbic connections, though I've lost the Rainman ability, say, to instantly spot my car keys in a complex web of crap on my desk, instead having to scan, rescan and scan again, usually applying my tactile skills to the task, too. He sort of looks like Wayne Newton, too; wait for the popup poster when the website loads. [The connection here should be: contemporary Gonzo looks like contemporary KemoSabe, but --more importantly-- sounds like Wayne as kid. Couldn't find audio of young Wayne; use your imagination.]

And get this one out the way quickly:











Margaret Beckett and Helen Gurley Brown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about Andrew Speaker and Harry Connick, Jr.?
http://tinyurl.com/2cvahz